Bootcamp coming up!! Register today
Missed our event with Salesforce? No problem, we've got you covered. Below you'll find a Facebook live recording of the event and some additional information you may find useful. First, if you're not a INCUBED member yet, sign up for free membership and don't miss out on any events or opportunities we have to offer. Once registered you will be able to join our Slack community and the #salesforce Slack channel where you can connect with other students who currently learning or interested in learning Salesforce. You will also be added to our awesome weekly newsletter and receive weekly updates!
What is Salesforce?
Founded in 1999, Salesforce pioneered the revolutionary idea of replacing traditional desktop CRM software with CRM in the cloud, making it accessible anytime from anywhere. Today, Salesforce innovative cloud platform is the world’s #1 CRM solution.
What is Salesforce Academic Alliance?
Salesforce Academic Alliance provides everything educators need to train students and prepare them for high-quality, high-paying careers in technology. Students gain valuable, real-world skills that make them attractive to today’s employers.
not familiar with TRailhead? Here are some key features
- Self-paced, online learning – you can learn what you need when you need it, by choosing the appropriate trail. Trailhead applies the model of interactive learning made popular by websites such as Code School, Codecademy, Udacity, Treehouse, Coursera and Khan Academy, to the goal of learning Salesforce.
- Learning paths –Trailhead content is arranged in a hierarchy, with three levels: trails, modules, and units, and presented in a specific sequence, so customers have a predefined path to follow, and don’t have to spend time deciding what to read and in what order.
- Modular and engaging content – each tutorial consists of short units, which can be read in 10-15 minutes each. The content is designed to be simple, self-contained, and directly useful, to maximize the value of the learning experience.
- Interactive assessments – at the end of each unit, you can take a challenge to verify what you just learned, either by answering multiple-choice questions or performing specific tasks in a DE org. On completing a challenge, you can click a button and get instant feedback on whether you got it right.
- Gamification – we award points and badges on successful completion of units and modules, respectively. The points and badges are displayed on your user profile, so you can get recognition for your expertise.
(**We recommend starting with the CRM Basics trail**)